View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Actually, COB has to do with total, as well as FR quota, Stef. That said, if a chapter did not make quota during FR, they can COB to quota, even though they are over total. If they are under total, they can COB to reach total, regardless of how they did in FR. Reading the Green Book will help your understanding of all this! I'm not the greatest at explaining.

She's a sophomore, and her GPA is still not at the minimum? Am I understanding you correctly? Or did her first semester sophomore year elevate her GPA to meet the minimum?

ETA: FR= Formal Recruitment
thanks for explaining that, it definitely helps. As for her GPA- she decided when she started to get all her heavy classes out of the way first, which we all tried to talk her out of doing but she insisted- she did not fair well at all- since then she has worked hard to improve her GPA which was just under the 3.0 requirement- she missed out by 0.6 I believe. She write the sorority and greek life office to make exception and was told absolutely NO exceptions. So, since FR is only done in Spring she will have to wait a whole year to rush. Thus, the reason for my question re: COB, obviously she would have to wait till Fall *if they offered this and Spring 18 if not, and rush as Junior. Hope this helps. She is a sophomore not a junior yet. She knows she made a huge mistake and totally regrets it now but damage is done.