View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have any inside information regarding whether we would attempt to recolonize at Syracuse at this point and if I did, I wouldn't be able to share it

That said, personally, with the lease ending to the University, and with it being our Alpha chapter, there are many squirrels around the country who are hopeful! We will all be waiting with bated breath to see how things turn out. The other one that many are hopeful about is our Chi Chapter at Michigan State. It was a painful one to see close, we still own the house and are leasing to (I think) the ADPis. I don't see that campus expanding for a while and Alpha Xi Delta closed right before us at that campus and, as part of the agreement when they closed, have first option to recolonize. We follow them. I think the economy in Michigan is going to severely affect recruitment numbers so I'm not holding my breath. Keeping our other 9 Michigan chapters afloat is going to be a challenge in and of itself. I know a lot of alumnae who would love to see us back at both Penn State and Northwestern, but again, don't see those campuses opening for expansion any time soon. Wishes don't always make it happen though.

I trust our expansion team to do what's best for the Fraternity, taking everything into consideration: campus culture, available alumnae, fraternity resources, etc. as they do with each new opportunity!

**The houses at both Syracuse and Michigan State were designed by our founder, Emily Helen Butterfield, the first female licensed architect in Michigan who is in the Michigan Women's Hall of Fame for her accomplishments in architecture.