Thread: Hand signs
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
I think one difference may be (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong!!!!) is that I don't believe any of the NPC 'hand signs' are official with their respective HQs. So it's not like they are sharing some that is official/secretive with a non-initiated members. From my understand (again, correct me if I'm wrong), there ARE organization that recognizes hand signs as something official--and in those situations I can see why it's problematic.
There are probably some organizations that have made hand signs "official" (perhaps in their constitutions or by-laws), but from my understanding, many of these hand signs are "unofficial" and have just been passed down through the years. Either way, for many culturally-based GLO members, allowing a non-member to throw up your hand sign in front of you (and worse, to take a photo) is just something you would never want to do, no matter how famous or cool that non-member is.

And Gamma Xi Phi....I'm not sure who Wocka-Flocka is, but those pics could not have gone over too well (especially posted together)!