View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeflower View Post
I need everyone's honest opinion on if I should rush again or not, and/or advice on what to do.

Freshman year, I didn't rush. I didn't know too much about sororities until I met my roommate who got into Phi Mu. I got to witness all the awesome opportunities and activities she was able to do and really learn what sororities were all about, and I really wanted to join after that.

Unfortunately, my grades weren't so great; I had about a 2.4 GPA going into my sophomore year, but I still decided to try formal rush. I didn't have enough rec letters either, so it just wasn't looking good. I got dropped in the second round. I signed up for spring rush that following semester, but I decided not to go through with it. My grades severely dropped, and I ended up switching my major.

Next spring semester, I will be a junior. My grades this semester are a lot better, but my GPA is still pretty low. A lot of my friends are telling me to try rushing in the spring, but I'm not really sure. If my grades stay the way they are, I'll have a semester GPA of 3.25 and an overall GPA of 2.3. I'm involved in a couple other organizations/clubs at LSU, but I know for a fact that greek life is what's missing from my life. If I rush in the spring, I'll have 2 years left at LSU. I just wish my grades were better. Should I even bother to rush?
With a 2.3 overall GPA (which is what counts, not just your last semester) will you even be permitted to sign up for rush? Some campuses require a minimum 2.5 overall GPA to allow a PNM to participate in rush.

The chances of getting a bid with a GPA that low are extremely unlikely. Spring 2013 semester grades put every NPC chapter significantly higher. All sorority average was 3.24.