View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post

I'm sorry if my asking a perfectly natural question triggered you somehow, but rest assured I would be asking the same question if any other sorority or fraternity or student group leased a house and a thread was created specifically to talk about it. My own campus went through the "musical houses" phase with not the best results and obviously those houses are like 1/100 of the property/$/upkeep at someplace like IU. Perhaps it's common and works in other places, but it's just odd to me. (Just the way that local Greeks or unhoused Greeks or this or that are odd to other people that post on here. We all went to different schools and have different experiences and opinions that have nothing to do with policies or handbooks or credentials, what a concept.)
edited to remove the non-relevant comments (that's MY opinion). Bolded a statement because I now understand and see that you "have a dog in this fight", so to speak. You have some personal history with this situation and it didn't go well. Yes, agreed that we all went to different schools, etc. So what's odd to you isn't so odd to someone else - agreed? Yeah. Anyway, here's the thing: Indiana has a definite housed v. unhoused mentality. Many other campuses do as well. People like to point at Stanford but let me tell you that the housed/unhoused stigma exists there too. It's just a little more subtle. Because:Stanford. I hope TPA will use the time wisely to settle on a permanent location. I also want that result for the other unhoused chapters.

FWIW I put people on my ignore list and my life is calmer as a result. Try it, you might like it. OTOH maybe you like the conflict? I don't know! Personally I find it much more satisfying to just keep on walking by.