View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Day One

I just got done talking to my friend online! I was waiting all day for her update. She had a blast, but it was a scorcher outside. And for everyone who has been through rush before (especially at an SEC school) it is a long day indeed. She went to 11 houses today and here's what she thought of them (in order of preference).

Katherine Hepburn - Very nice house and landscaping. Girls were energetic and engaging. Wasn't expecting anything special, but really got along great with the girls. Many of the girls rushing her shared similar interests.

Jane Fonda - Really enjoyed going to this house. The girls were very upbeat, beautiful, and fun. One of the more competetive sororities on campus, but were all genuinely nice and seemed happy to have her.

Shelley Winters - Absolutely loved the girls at this house. They were all down to earth and the conversation took off instantly. The house was quite stunning, and she is really hoping to get invited back to this one.

Bette Davis - This was her first house of the day, which was intimidating. However, she really connected with several of the girls she talked to. Although she really enjoyed this house, she is not sure if she could fit in there.

Grace Kelly - Although this was one of her prospective favorites, she didn't feel at home as much as she had thought she would. The girls were all very sweet and enthusiastic. Their house was really "cute." She wants to go back because she feels the few girls she talked to she didn't get a chance to make a connection with yet.

Barbara Streisand - My friend loved this house, and the girls were all very beautiful and welcoming. She's not sure she can fit in here yet, but she would love a chance to meet some more of the girls, and find out more about the sorority.

Lauren Bacall - This house was very overwhelming. The girls were are very pretty and friendly, but my friend didn't get much of a chance to connect with any of the girls. She talked to a lot of people, and none of them really clicked with her. However she would like to give this house a second chance.

Dorothy Dandridge - This is a house many of her friend's have encouraged her to join. She however, does not feel like it would be the right fit for her. While all the girls were very friendly and interesting, she does not feel like this could be a home. She would like to go back and see if anything changes.

Julie Andrews - My friend didn't feel like she made a real bond with any of the girls here. The conversation seemed to lag, and the girls didn't really seem to be interested in her. She doesn't feel like she'd like to go back to this house.

Judy Garland - She said this house had a lot of very sweet girls, but that she doesn't see herself as becoming a part of this sorority. She really liked one girl she talked to, but the others didn't seem to have much in common with her.

Ava Gardner - Many of the girls were really nice at this house, however she feels it is not the place for her. She did not make a connection with any of the girls at this house. She felt pressured to ask alot of questions, and she can not see herself as becoming a part of this sorority.

I am so excited to be living vicariously through her. I know she will find a great home! The rest of round one is tomorrow (7 houses) and I will update when I hear from her.