View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDLady06
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer, and getting excited for rush season. Since I went through recruitment last year (at another school), I have decided to post one of my good friend's recruitment experience at UGA. Unlike myself, she has not been waiting for the day she receives a bid since she was 15, but she's going through rush to see if sorority life is for her. For those of you who don't know much about UGA, round one (open house) starts tomorrow. The girls go to all the houses to learn about each one.

I have decided to name her houses after classic leading ladies. They are listed in random order:

Marilyn Monroe
Audrey Hepburn
Lauren Bacall
Barbara Streisand
Katherine Hepburn
Elizabeth Taylor
Julie Andrews
Judy Garland
Bette Davis
Doris Day
Jane Fonda
Lucille Ball
Ava Gardner
Mary Tyler Moore
Dorothy Dandridge
Donna Reed
Grace Kelly
Shelley Winters

It's a lot of sororities but I will keep you updated about her perceptions of each one. She is a smart, fun, beautiful girl and I know she will do well.

For those of you wondering which sororities are participating in Panhellenic recruitment, here is a link to their site.

http://www.uga.edu/panhellenic/

I'll update tomorrow on which houses she visted and how it went. Wish her luck!
Just want to add that not all of those 18 sororities participate in formal recruitment.

I'm headed up to UGA tomorrow to help at our chapter there for Day One. I always like going up to Athens!

Last edited by GPhiBLtColonel; 08-11-2006 at 02:05 AM.