View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry, didn't get back here for a few days. I see there have been great explanations of RFM. It really is helpful at schools with such large groups of girls going through recruitment. Your daughter will hear the phrase "maximize your options" many times. This means that she attends every party she is invited to (mandatory at MIzzou) and after pref she lists every chapter she visited (up to 3) on her preference list. If she does make it to pref round and lists all chapters she attended she is guaranteed a bid to one of those houses, although not necessarily her first choice. If she attends 3 pref parties but only lists one or two of the houses she is not guaranteed a bid.

It sounds like you have done everything you can do to help her prepare. It's great that she has so many rec letters. There is lots of good information on this site and several others on-line that give tips on recruitment conversation skills. There is a great thread here in the sorority recruitment section about making personal connections during recruitment that I read and shared with my daughter before recruitment.

Wishing you and your daughter all the best. Please keep us posted on how it goes for her.

Last edited by Bluedoor; 08-01-2015 at 11:49 PM.