View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
im so close! i had a bad semester with personal fam problems and it came down i usually have good grades though and i will get it up easily. its just that the requirement is 2.5. can they make any exceptions??? i mean im .05 away! and next semester is my last chance to join and the girls from my fave sorority really want to give me a bid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
id no doubt be able to handle it though! if i wwent to the director of greek life and talked to her do yyou think she could bend it a little .05 awayyyyyy come on
1. The 2.5 would be a minimum GPA. Having a 2.5 doesn't guarantee anything. (Are there really NPC sororities that have national minimum GPAs quite that low?)

2. "Usually good grades" do not get so dramatically affected by one poor semester. If next semester is your "last chance to join," you've been around long enough to earn that crummy cumulative GPA.

3. You'd be better served by spending time in a remedial English courses rather than a sorority.

4. If you know the girls in your "fave sorority" well enough for them to tell you they want to give you a bid, certainly you could ask them if they could make an exception for your GPA rather than asking a bunch of strangers on the intarwebz.