View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPchica09 View Post
It's been a long while since I've been on the chat. Pacific Otter, pm me which school you're currently attending (I'm also in California), and perhaps I'll be able to provide some assistance policy wise. Your school sounds like my Alma Mater, although I could be wrong since you mentioned a state school in your post (mine was not) - but I know of some state schools nearby me and a few of their policies.

I know which university she attends. Her first post was accurate - her campus only offers locals/MCG. I may not be understanding your post correctly, but the issue is not with the policies of her current campus, but rather, the policies of the NPC Panhellenic at the campus to which she intends to transfer junior year. As other people have already pointed out, it is the transfer school's policies and campus culture which come into play.

If she joins a MCG organization, yes, she generally is eligible to pledge an NPC. However, she needs to find out if the transfer school campus culture would support that idea. Just because she can, doesn't mean she should or that it would be accepted. Also, she might want to find out what kind of pledge/vow her MGC GLO asks of her on initiation. I've heard of some MGC groups being ok with initiating with an NPC later. However, it may very well be that the GLO might ask a candidate to pledge that she will never join another GLO ever again. She needs to consider that before taking the final step of initiation.

True and Constant