View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 02:52 AM
GreekChat Member

LSUGRRL

This maybe the stupidest idea in the world, and i have read meny posts as to why it might not happen, but why don't you try to find some of those girls who are in your position and try forming a local sorority. Again, i have read many posts as to why it is hard to bring a NPC sorority onto a campus like LSU, but that does not mean that you can not start a local. And maybe in a few years if enough women join your sorority then maybe you could join a NPC. Its just a thought and its what i would do if i were in your shoes. I really think that cut once cut always policy is stupid especially if there is such a high number of PNM comming through rush and with what i have read how many and easily it is to fall through the cracks. i know it is lots of work, but i am sure that there would be many women who would

1) help you out on here (GC) with advise, and
2) there would be alum who could help you. I mean out of those 100 plus girls there has to be some who have relatives who were in sororities that can offer advise and assistance as advisors in some capasidy (SP) or another.

Anyway, i can understand how disappointed you can be. I had to transfer to another school because i was so disappointed, not cause of greek life but cause of other stuff, in the university. I think that the best way to handle the situation is take an action and if it were me i would try to start a local. i bet that there are lots of women who would want to be part of a sorority, espcially with the cut once, cut always policy.

Good luck, with whatever you choose.

debbie