View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Season 2 better already

Quote:
Originally posted by 14dst01
I have to agree with Serenity in the fact that there are not a lot of the sisters and if you are interested in pledging/rushing a sorority, it would be in your best interest to get to know the sisters!! I didn't think any of the DZO sisters were snobby or stuck-up. I guess I can relate because of the fact that I had to humble myself when I was a prospective. But each organiztion is different and each one has it's own personality.

I think this is a lot better than the first season in the fact that in the first season, I couldn't tell who was the Big Sister and who was the pledgee!!!! They did not show any respect to their Big Sisters. I forget the one who dropped out (blondie) but I remember an episode where she told the big sisters to F*&% off!!! I was like, WHOOOAAA!! I would not live to tell that story if I would have done that while online!!!! I don't know, I guess it's a respect thing for me. I also like how in the fraternity show, the president tells the pledgees, "If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late and if you're late don't bother showin' up!!!!" That's what I'm talking about, people have to understand that none of the bids are guaranteed!!!! (Nice to see the DZO president make note of that at their ice cream social)
From what I'm starting to understand, it looks like DZO's rush/pledge process is a lot more like NPHC intake than the NPC sororities' -- does anybody else think this is true? And while NPC sororities don't generally guarantee all rushees bids, I think Sigma AEPi's rush/pledge process was much more similar to the average NPC sorority's. It seems like that in the NPHC sororities, more focus is put on the rushee to make a good impression (just like in Delta Xi Omega), whereas in the NPC sororities, it is much more up to the initiates to make the new members feel welcome.