View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaPiPhi View Post
Thanks for sending this! I wonder if the optional designation is tbd based on numbers? I wonder what the Rho Gammas said about that. I will wait until Friday to ask. Don't want to stress her out.

At Iowa, the chapters made the cut first, then you selected from the available houses on your list. My understanding is that it is the opposite at IU and the PNM picks 16 and hopes that they get an invite from the houses they picked. Is that correct?
No. The PNM ranks her chapters and the sororities rank the PNMs. It's a lot more complex, but basically with RFM, the PNM only gets invited back to the parties of the chapters she ranked high if she was high enough on those sororities' lists. Although the process is called mutual selection, a PNM won't get an invite back unless she's ranked high enough on that sorority's list, no matter how high she ranks them. (She can also be invited back to her bottom choices if they ranked her high enough but some of the sororities she ranked higher did not rank her high enough to get an invite.)