View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 07:32 PM

Mine was quite similar to many of the pledgeships in this thread. Get an interview with sister, have a coke date with sister (these ruled because they fed you for free) and the sister wrote a little welcome paragraph to you in your pledge book. Like DG Tess said, I would never expect pledges in a huge chapter to get everyone....maybe the pledge mom could divvy them up.

We had to achieve 25 points in each of our 4 aims (example: getting an A on a test - 2 pounts in the intellectual aim) and there were a lot of options to choose from. Many were tjings we were doing anyway.

We had to make something for the chapter room and put together the semesterly blind date party.

Along with the usual history stuff, we also had to interview the officers where they told us what all their position entailed. We also had to get 10 signatures from every fraternity and sorority on campus.

Pretty much every sorority on campus had a similar program, only difference was ummm...how hardcore you got. We were definitely on the easy side.

There is not a single thing in that list that I couldn't say had a reason behind it, everything was about learning about your sisters, your org and the campus Greek community, and the fact that any of it would be considered "hazing" is asinine.

It doesn't make sense...rush is all about clicking with other people and "pick the group you can see yourself in your pajamas with"...personal connections. Then the minute they get a bid, we flip the script and give them a sterile, cookie cutter program that has nothing to do with those women who were the main reason they joined. Doesn't make sense to me.

ETA: forcing someone to drink or do anything alcohol related is hazing. A dry pledgeship is also hazing. "All our pledges are underage" doesn't cut it if there are underage sisters who drink. The denial of drinking is because they're underage, not because they're pledges.

Re fraternities, we used to be required to go to mixers for at least half an hour. If you honestly are so misanthropic that you can't stand to socialize for half an hour, you are going to have a very difficult time in the work world.

My A Phi O pledgeship was WAY harder than my ASA pledgeship.

Last edited by 33girl; 11-29-2016 at 07:50 PM.