View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Symbal
While rushing in the fall, I stopped at a house that I had initial high hopes for. I was excited to be there, but when I was paired with the girl rushing me, I knew this was just going to be awkward. This was a very upscale typical wealthy daughter sorority.

When they asked me about my interests, I said that I'm fond of reading non-fiction books about various topics (listing some to her, like feminism, religion, etc.). Her and the girl with her kind of looked at each other and the girls told me they couldn't remember the last book they actually read, then asked me if Cosmo counted. I honestly had no idea what to say.

As backround info, the shoes I had worn to the first two rounds of rush really hurt because they rubbed my achilles tendon raw. As a desperate attempt to save my poor ankles, I put a bandaid over the raw spots. While sitting with the girls at the same sorority, she told me that I "Uhm, had a bandaid" on my ankle. I said I was aware, kind of ashamed because I knew I was going to be cut for that fashion faux pas.

I had a sister at a house I really DID like almost spill a red drink on me! She was walking with a tray of punch and tripped on an AV cable. I caught her out of the corner of my eye and jumped back just enough to avoid the splash! I wonder if I was cut because of them being embarassed! I thought it was an interesting conversation starter!