Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Our badges come standard - they are not included in your initiation fee, but are mass ordered by the chapter before initiation and paid for in your Associate Member dues (at least in my chapter). The badge you receive at initiation is a plain gold filled badge with the "delta" set in black enamel. You can upgrade to a variety of options - crown pearl delta, crown pearl delta with garnet points (my favorite), and black enamel delta with pearl points and a pearl in the center - all real gold. There are also various historical replica badges offered as well as custom badges you can have made with proper licensing fees.

I guess we mass order because they are the cheapest (25-30 dollars) and most guys wouldn't choose to make that investment at that point in time.

The badge may be worn by mothers, sisters, fiancees, wives, and house mothers. It is identical to our member badge but the delta is slightly smaller, you can get it in black enamel or crown pearls with a garnet in the center.

ETA: I think I've talked about this before, but guards are not very common because it is difficult to get them in English letters instead of Greek (our chapters are named after their host institution). If a man chooses a guard it is usually the Coat of Arms or a key shaped guard signifying his completion of the K.E.Y. Program for continued member education.

Last edited by Gusteau; 10-30-2009 at 11:33 AM.