View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahotboi View Post
Thanks, thats helpful.

Theres 8 NIC fraternities to my knowledge on campus and 2 of them are colonies which one got started last semester and another last year. 2 fraternities have only been around in the last 2 years. The other 4 have been here for a while. One has been here since 2001, other 3 since the 90s. Each group varies in size. Some have 70-80 members, some have 30-40, some even have 20-30.
Out of 8 fraternities, you didn't like ANY of them? Why? This is far different from the original picture you painted of a school with "no traditions." The 90s are 20 years ago, and a school with groups sustaining 80 members hardly can be classified as "nothing" where Greek life is concerned. Let me show you a school where the groups (all of them) struggle to break 30, then we'll talk.

If you are expecting SEC or Big 10-type Greek life to happen at a commuter school, it's not going to, unless the school makes a drastic and overly quick turnaround in the type of student it recruits and their policies (i.e. requiring all underclassmen to live on campus, etc). That applies, no matter who you choose to colonize with.