View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECdomination View Post
EW, I thought it strange that you had such a large seperation between Florida- and Texas and Georgia-since these states have been suffering from similar problems.
Ex. Fort Lauderdale, Houston/Dallas, Atlanta
I've never been to UT, but I assumed UF was very similar.
I know where your coming from, but at least my experience from Texas (I was born there), is that there Texas is not AS diluted as Georgia is, and Georgia isn't AS diluted as Florida is.

Texas still has excellent breeding grounds for fraternity men such as Highland Park, Tyler, and parts of Houston. It suffers from an exceedingly high absurdly GDI population...but at 50,000 people there's plenty to choose from. Part of the reason I chose them so high is because there are two Texas fraternities (SAE and Fiji) which would certainly be top tier anywhere. I suspect (and not knowing about the lower levels) that after them, Sig Ep and a few others it drops off quite a bit.

Georgia, while suffering from Atlanta and the surrounding areas, still pulls people from Mobile, Jackson, and apparently Highland Park as well (they call it the Stafford effect...after he went there, alot of people from HP went there)

UF doesn't pull enough people from Alabama, Mississippi or Georgia to make this. It seems that alot of people from the panhandle choose to go to those schools instead of going south. Just my experience, could be wrong again.

I rank my own University low because it's being increasingly flooded with the Plano area of north Dallas and Northwest Arkansas. The Delta part of Arkansas is slowly dying out as people move away. We may sink further it seems.

SthrnZeta, thanks for posting some rules, but it's hardly turned into a pissing match and we haven't ranked fraternities.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke