View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Hey! So I have a quick question.

I am currently an initiated member in a sorority at my current school. However, I am transferring schools and don't want to join the same sorority at my new school. They DO have a chapter, but I have met with the girls and we just don't fit perfectly. However, I still would like to remain Greek, so is it possible to re-rush and start all over?!

Oboviously I would NEVER reveal any of my chapter's secrets to anyone else. I'd never do that.

I know at my school you have to wait a year or something after dropping to re-rush, is that the case at all schools?

How would the girls at my new school know I had ever joined a sorority? I know it's skummy but could I just rush anyways?

HELP Thanks!

If you are an initiated member of an NPC (Panhellenic) sorority, you MAY not join another NPC member organization.

And as to the "how would they know?" question: The world is MUCH smaller than you think (especially with all of the social networking going on). Unless you plan on living in a bubble or something, someone WILL find out.

I don't even know why anyone would want to have the burden of trying to "beat the system" and hide something like that. Who wants to be "that shady girl?"

Try if you want to, but just know that you will look ULTRA sketcky once found out. You will also lose membership in BOTH orgs (depending on policies).

I have NEVER known anyone to get away with it. Not worth it.

So you have 3 options:

1. affiliate with the chapter of your sorority at your new school.
2. Don't affiliate with and become an alumna.
3. Be Shady McSketchy, try to break a rule and get caught (while simultaneously looking like an idiot).

Good luck.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 03-22-2010 at 11:52 PM.