View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

We've transitioned a couple of our master's degree programs into on-line versions. The courses are taught by the same professors who also teach face-to-face classes, and there isn't any distinction on the diploma.

I don't teach any on-line courses, nor do a I have an interest in doing so, because I don't think my subject is well-suited for on-line instruction, and I love teaching and the personal interaction that goes along with it. I have had students tell me they either love or hate on-line courses. Most people are basing this on experience with on-line learning. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground. You might want to try a class and see how you like it. I have some colleagues who really put a lot of time and effort into their on-line instruction, and I know a couple professors who have not been a good fit for this format (and I've heard the student complaints).

I would go with an on-line degree from a brick-and-mortar institution. It just carries more credibility with more people. Brick-and-mortar institutions are well aware of the competition from on-line programs, and many are trying to offer something comparable so they don't lose students.