View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ee View Post
okay, daughter and I have the "outfits" together (at least in our minds). however several questions,
1. daughter really isn't a jewelry person. usually just a gold chain with a few add a pearls and pearl studs. she does wear a watch, but has opted not to wear as she doesn't want anyone at party to think she is watching the clock. will "boring" jewelry go against her? if she tried to "jazz it up", i can see her fiddling more with the jewelry than the conversation

2. do girls really change their nail color each night? how to make sure the mani stays looking good and not smudged with not enough time to really dry? wouldn't a good neutral nail color with a nice length nail be better?

3. when is it safe to wear shoes that are fashionable and maybe not the best to walk in? wait until round 2? round 3?
1. If she is a fiddler than be safe and go with what she is used to. Also, think of it as classic instead of boring. Pearls are a nice touch.

2. I honestly have no idea, but I would suggest having a manicure and making sure it stays clean and polished. I never noticed any nail colors let alone remember what color a PNM had from day to day. I did notice if it was clean or not.

3. I wore fashionable shoes most day, but was not in the south. My option, as well as many others, was to wear flip flops from chapter house to chapter house and then put on the shoes. It may not be possible where your daughter is attending.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot