View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink280 View Post
Okay so here is my story 2 years ago i pledged a sorority fall semester my freshman year and went through the initiation process. I was a member for only a semester but had to drop out the beginning of the second semester due to health issues. I ended up having to pay spring semester dues since i waited until after winter break to quit. (big mistake $400+ lost) I never attended one event/meeting and they still made me pay. Any way i ended up going back home after my first year to attend my local community college and now im about to graduate and attend another 4-year university. My question is if i will be able to join another sorority when i get to this new university, or will I have to join the same sorority since they do have it at the new school? I never left on bad terms but just could not attend all those meeting while being sick.

Oh and if i sign up for rush should i disclose that i was in a NPC chapter or just let them figure it out if they ever do.

Thanks
Will you "have to join the same sorority?" Um, absolutely not.

I cannot imagine that your prior organization would even consider extending you another bid. You resigned from that group. You are not a member anymore. They have no obligation to you and you have no obligation or privileges with that organization.

You cannot join another NPC... period. Sorry, you might look into other options like service or local GLOs.