View Single Post
Old 09-08-2000, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Grades are dependant upon what school and what sorority you are rushing. It is required by my Nationals that all girls have a 2.5 gpa, but my school required 2.7. It's been a while, so I think those are the right gpa's. I could be wrong. I know that some of the sororities at our school only required a 2.0, but then like I said, the school had a requirement as well, if the school's requirement is not met, then you can not rush.

As for can you rush another sorority if you decide that you don't like the one you picked. Well . . . there are some rules.

OK, if you are rushing a social sorority, you are initiated and you become a sister, then NO you can't join another social sorority. If you begin rush, you decide to drop out of rush, then you can decide to rush another sorority, but you will probably have to wait till the next semester. If you rush a social and become initiated than you CAN join a professional/honor sorority. If you rush a professional and become iniatiated, you can NOT join another professional of the same kind (ex. join one music org. then rush another music org.). If you rush a professional and become initiated, then change your major, you CAN rush another professional as long as it's different (ex. music then math). If you rush a Honor and join, you CAN join as many honor orgs. as you like. SOOOOOO. . . to make it short . . . you can only be initiated to ONE social sorority, As Many Honors as you like, and Any professional as long as you are in that profession, but never two of the same profession. Got it? LOL.