Thread: Senior Send-off
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
We definitely do senior send-off! It was always one of my most favorite times in my chapter. Not to say that I wanted girls to leave; but it's such a sisterhood experience. As a senior though, I did appreciate it as a means of unloading DG stuff that I had 'collected' or been 'willed' over the years. I think I only kept about 5 shirts (out of about 35-40!)--one of which just went to my secret sis . We just have the seniors come up one by one and they speak about their time in the chapter and who they're giving stuff to and why. Some of us had TONS of stuff; others just a little. One of my sisters, Erin, who everyone loved (and who had been Prez) literally brought a trunk plus a huge plastic box full of stuff! It took her at least a 1/2 hour to unload!
We have each senior's 'little'--or another member of their family or someone they were close to in the event that a big has another senior as a little or if the big's little was no longer in the chapter or abroad--make them a special box. Usually it has their name on it and it's decorated. All of the younger members (all girls who aren't seniors) write letters to the seniors and put them in their boxes at senior send-off--so even the seniors have something to take home! I still have my box and read through the letters once in a while. Although I'm back as a grad student on my old campus (and still see some of my favorite sisters), the year I spent in Boston the letters helped me through some not so fun moments.
Okay...long enough response...senior send-off just gets me sentimental...*tear*