View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to throw in one comment. Becky has repeatedly said that rushing for 'looks' is no different than houses who rush for academics, sports, camp/church connections, etc.

There's a huge difference, HUGE. Rushing for the things I listed is when houses look for achievement, accomplishment, character, ability to collaborate and "play well" (sports team, leadership in groups, etc.) initiative, academics. Rushing for looks implies that the exterior is most important. Yes, it's been that one can be very attractive and have other great qualities, but when PNM's are ranked on looks first, that values style over substance. Not what any of our organization's intended when they founded our groups, not at all.

And for what it's worth, I know every Panhellenic sister here is proud to be a member of THEIR sorority. If you think any of us is jealous of Alpha Phi, then think again, that is incredibly misguided. I could not be prouder to be a Gamma Phi Beta just as I know other women here cherish their membership and sisterhood as well.

Last edited by NYCMS; 10-17-2018 at 10:48 AM.