View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

How "must have" are Recs for UGA recruitment. My daughter is not a legacy for any chapters and I know she has already had some submitted for a few chapters and commitments from alumnae to submit the rest before mid-July, but I'm no sure about the follow thru with all the alumnae that have agreed to submit one. I recognize that it might still be early in the process, but does she have to have one for every chapter in order to be competitive? My daughter is smart (near 4.0), high SAT's, involved in varsity athletics and extracurricular clubs, honor societies, etc...just like every incoming freshman. We are from a small town in GA and not many females from the area join sororities at UGA so getting local recommendations of individuals that actually know my daughter has been challenging...

I'm guessing she will have recs for 50-75% of the chapters...I want to trust the process, but also have a good idea of how the process works and I know how RFM works...With 1,500-1,600 women anticipated to be going thru recruitment this fall and a good number of them being legacies, I just want her to get a fair shake with all the chapters and not just be an automatic release because no one knows her and no pending rec to vouch for her.

Suggestions or recommendations?

Last edited by Weaver D; 06-21-2017 at 07:17 PM.