View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I am assuming my daughter will be getting a bid this afternoon since she hasn't heard from her RC that she isn't getting one! Of course, she is still nervous about this afternoon and is wondering if she put the houses in the correct order-kind of a buyers remorse. She is so unsure of which house would be a better fit that she keeps going back and forth. I told her that means she likes both houses equal, so she will be excited to get a bid from either. She went with her gut when she ranked yesterday which I suggested; I hope I was right. There are things she likes better about one house and things she likes better about the other. It is so hard when you are a new student and don't really know anything about the houses or the members. All she has to go on is what she has seen this last week, and she is afraid some of that was just play acting. There were houses that she knew she wouldn't fit in with, one that she fell in love with (but was cut,) and then these last 2, one of wish has been high on her list all along.

The main thing that keeps her worried is the reputation of the houses. She is concerned that she will be with a group that parties 4 days a week, and that is not her. She likes to go out on the weekend, but doesn't want to feel pressure to go out when all she wants to do is chill in her room with a group of friends watching a movie and eating popcorn. I explained to her that with 150+ sisters, not all of them are partiers even if that is the sorority's reputation. I hope she believes me on that-heck, I hope I believe me.

I should know something in the next couple of hours; nothing like sitting here watching the clock!