View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 11:48 PM

When I was a collegian, all sisters wore the exact same badge. The badge is the letters Alpha, Epsilon, Phi, set with a total of 27 pearls, on a yellow gold bar. Our only customization options were (a) you could have your initials engraved on the back of the bar, and (b) you could get a chapter guard if you wanted. The guard has the chapter's Greek letter designation, also in yellow gold and also set with pearls to match the badge.

Currently a few variants are available. I think you can pick 10k or 14k gold. But the design is the same.

The upside is that we pretty much always had our new members' badges in time for initiation, as it doesn't take long to engrave initials or attach a guard. The badge I received at initiation is the same badge I wear today - not a loaner, and not my big sister's badge (which would have been impossible as I am a chapter founder and therefore don't have a big sister... but I digress).

The downside is, well, there's no customization allowed. I really wish we'd had the option of white gold, as I prefer silver/white gold/platinum to yellow gold.

Also - I know you didn't ask this - but AEPhis are not permitted to wear the badge or new member pin in any form other than as a pin. No badge rings, pendants, etc.

tl;dr: All AEPhi sisters wear essentially the same badge.