View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDG View Post
I follow my chapter as well as the chapters my area’s alumnae group supports. One of those is doing a great “what made me want to be a DG” series in IG Stories and I’ve been impressed with how genuine the responses are....everything from “our philanthropy directly impacts a family member” to describing the feelings they had during recruitment (home, family, feeling empowered, feeling welcome, accepted) to silly stuff. Way better than those recruitment videos they do these days!
Perhaps those recruitment videos are what I'm picturing, because those tend to be the norm when perusing YouTube and a good number of sorority websites. I would like to think that the vast majority are turning over and speaking truly about what sorority life actually means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlGirl13 View Post
Most of the posts that I am seeing from the sororities focus on "Sisterhood" which I think is often the part of being in a sorority that is the hardest to describe or appreciate until you have been a part of it. There have been brief interviews between a big and her little and stories about homesickness and how new sisters helped through those early, new college days. The posts show pride in their sister's accomplishments - academic, athletic, leadership...

Of course everyone posts their best pictures on social media, and these posts are no different, but they are images of real young women with captions written by real young women that present a positive, genuine image of sorority life.

If this is true, great!

But again, I don't want to think that a PNM's experience is negatively affected because it's incorrectly perceived that she's following one sorority's page over another.

Also, consider KSUviolet's latest post, which considers what happens when recruitment is over: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=244367

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 07-29-2018 at 01:18 AM.