View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Since you asked

In no order:
U North Alabama (Q 45, QLY 37, 4 NPC, last colony AGD 1977)
U South Alabama (Q 47, QLY 39, 5 NPC, last colony AGD 1984)
Northern Arizona (Q 72, QLY 65, 8 NPC, last colony KD 2015)
U Central Arkansas (Q 52, QLY 54, 5 NPC, last colony SSS 2008)
CSU - East Bay (Q 48, QLY 44, T 80, 2 NPC, last colony AP 1987)
CSU Fullerton (Q 61, QLY 71, 6 NPC, last colony ZTA 1979)
CSU Los Angeles (Q 45, QLY 29, 2 NPC, last colony AST 1993)
Chapman (Q 60s, 8 NPC, last colony PBP 2015)
San Francisco State (Q 46, QLY 39, 3 NPC, last colony AGD 1991)
George Washington (Q 53ish, QLY 53, 10 NPC, last colony KD 2012)
McNeese State (Q 43, QLY 30, 3 NPC, last colony ZTA 1971-1982)
Nicholls State (Q 55, QLY 48, 3 NPC, last colony AST 1997-2002)
U Louisiana Monroe (Q 42, QLY 40, 3 NPC, last colony SK 1986-2003)
East Tennessee State (Q 50, QLY 50, 4 NPC, last colony AXiD 1996)
U Texas Arlington (Q 50ish, QLY 33, 3 NPC, last colony AXO)
Colgate (Q 50-60, 3 NPC, last colony DDD 1996)

Also, I didn't include Florida, LSU, or Ole Miss because they have current expansion underway. (But we all know the current expansion won't be enough.) I didn't include Alabama because I wasn't sure - is it open? Isn't it?

And most of the toughest, neediest schools have some major barrier to colonization - that's why they're desperate. Usually it's housing, but sometimes campus culture is a major issue.
Irishpipes, you are the queen of all statistical data, and I bow down!

I think that some of these schools could have potential, but knowing that many of them are state schools that cater primarly to students within a region, I think it's hard to determine if further colonization is merited without knowing what chapter total is. Graduation rates at some of these types of schools isn't always great, so while quotas seem relatively big, perhaps the chapter total isn't really enough to sustain another chapter if the chapters tend to have a lot of younger members and not so many upperclassmen.

The only one with a total number in the honorable mention list is CSU East Bay. I am not familiar at all with this campus, but the numbers kind of help to make my point. With a quota of 48 and a total of 80, what's happening to those 48 pledges along the way? I appreciate that for some women, a chapter size of 80 may seem too big, but with pledge class of 48, a chapter total of 140 - 160 would seem reasonable if women are hanging in there either academically or just as active members. Then again, maybe that's not the correct total number, and this is all a moot point. Sorry if I'm rambling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Should Belmont University(TN) be in its own special category?

I suggest: Schools were the administration needs to realize what's going on.

:-)
I always get my hand smacked when I talk about Belmont, but it's an odd bird of a school. The administration thinks it knows better than anyone what is best for its students. I'll leave it at that.