View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was president, I wore a badge that was a mixture of the two below. It was larger and flatter than the regular badge. It was chased like the first one with a chased chapter letters guard and a gavel dangle. It had opals like the second one below, but they were smaller going up the sides of the crescent. The three stars had larger opals. I think mine had white enameled letters, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I was told it was a copy of an early badge, but I don't remember the details now.

I had a lovely yellow cable knit sweater that it looked especially beautiful on. The opals just glowed against the yellow sweater.

I wore that badge all the time for almost two years, but don't have a single close up shot of it.

I'm not a terribly materialistic person, but man. I loved that badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfersLady View Post
For Tri Delta, at least in my chapter, the president's pin is owned by the chapter and is lent for the current president to wear during her term. Our chapter's president's pin was a gift from executive office (or maybe the foundation?) when we were chartered so I'd assume each chapter's president's badge is a bit different as the years have gone by.

It is a bit larger, flatter and with blue stones compared to the standard badge.

Standard badge:

Couldn't find a picture of my chapter's president's badge, but it is similar to the Field Consultant badge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaEmi88 View Post
The president, Risk Management, Member Development and New Member Educators from every chapter were present at RLC this past February, and I met several presidents from single letter chapters. It seemed to me that the older the chapter, the older the president's badge, because the president of what I think was our Epsilon chapter had a badge that looked similar to the badge on the right.

It was massive, had opals up the crescent, and had opals in the stars, if I'm correct. I was stunned by how unique it was, and when I asked her about the badge, she said that it was a founding sister of their chapter's badge!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.