View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I would have gone but not worried about getting them a gift (since you would not have had time to buy them one).
That's what I was thinking.

I had a co-worker who I had gotten close with pretty quickly and she was getting married about 6 months after she started in our office. A couple weeks before the wedding, she approached me and said she had really originally wanted to invite some of us to the wedding but her MIL had invited so many that she was worried about the capacity of the hall. But, there were a lot of people who couldn't make it and she really wanted some of us to be there if we could. It was clearly a B-list thing but she did come to me and talk to me about it personally and gave me an invite. There were 5 of us that she invited that way. We all went and had a great time. I didn't feel offended in part because we were "work" friends and hadn't done anything together outside of work and she's a sincere type of person so I believe that she really wanted us to be there and not that she was hunting for gifts. They probably had their guest lists set before she even started working in our office and we really had gotten pretty close fairly fast for work friends.