View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

I'm fine. I live in NW OKC, but they're saying this one is worse than the F5 that hit back in '99 and wiped out a good part of the same town! I will not be moving to Moore ever.

I'm currently working on rustling up actives to volunteer in cleanup efforts and do some fundraising for the Red Cross and get clothing and water and such to the first responders. If any of you want to help, please text REDCROSS to 90999. It's only $10, but from what I've seen today on the news, it'll be greatly needed.

It looks like two schools (with children inside) were hit and damaged pretty badly. Just heard a local reporter lose it (man crying) when he was hearing about first responders pulling children out of the rubble. No word on their condition.

I'm trying to get in touch with the actives to set up our house as a collection point for supplies. We're also trying to round up some men to go help with the storm cleanup. If they give me the go ahead, if anyone wants to ship anything, I'll post our house address and we'll make sure it goes to the right folks. I'm sure clothes, blankets and water would be appreciated.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma

Last edited by Kevin; 05-20-2013 at 05:47 PM.