Big Al
Million Dollar Band
Crimson and White
Tuscaloosa
Crimson Tide
Homecoming
Football Season
Houndstooth

Grandma and I left DD4 to her own devices. I refused to wake up at 3 am and Grandma decided that DD4 should be alone for a the next few nights and have freedom before college started. I think this was just a scam so she wouldn’t have to sleep on DD4’s sofa but I appreciated it immensely because I was camped out on the floor. Grandma and I took off our letters, took out the liquor, and started on our high calorie food tour of Tuscaloosa. If DD4 wasn’t going to enjoy herself, I was. I tossed my food diary in the trash, took off my high heels, and found myself going back to Walmart for another frozen cheesecake, hot wings, and frozen margarita mix at 2 am wearing crocs, leggings, and a baggy shirt. Did I care? No, but I picked up tums heartburn tablets because I’m getting older and I like to avoid any repercussions after I have spicy food.

Nick Saban:
DD4 went for hating them because they weren’t southern enough to loving them because their house was painted a tacky color. Grandma and I were in the Taco Bell drive through as she started her tirade, Nick Saban hadn’t lit her fire because their biggest chapter happens to be at Alabama (like every other house here, I’m sure) and they’re not popular enough for her on a national level.

Crimsonettes:
What can I say? She loved them. She loved their big teeth and big curls and how they talked with southern accents, she also completely ignored the fact that they’re not popular out of the south because apparently “being popular at Bama is all that matters”, I love my daughter but her hypocrisy left me stunned at times.

Southern Charm:
“Why did they ask me back? Mom, why did they do this to me? I thought it was a mutual dislike.” DD4 complained. She also didn’t like how the lawn was cut and so I asked her if she’d like me to run down to the local John Deere store so she could make sure that the lawn was manicured to her perfect sky high standards.

Big Al:
DD4 made a few unkind jokes about the shape of the girls at Big Al and Grandma and I exchanged a look “If you’re not ready to rush this year, feel free to rush next. But saying childish things about good people won’t get you into any house or in anyone’s good graces.” was our response.

At this point, Grandma got fed up and said “The Lord Jesus Christ could float down from Heaven and proclaim you the holiest legacy south of the Mason-Dixon Line and the sororities at Alabama still wouldn’t look twice at you since your danged attitude is so awful. To be a sorority lady, you have to act like one and treat others kindly and as a result, you’ll get that bid.”

Million Dollar Band:
DD4 told us that she’d skulked again in the corner since the girls weren’t keen on forcing her to have a nice time. She’d talked to a few girls but all in all she didn’t feel any love.

Crimson and White:
Perfection. If God himself had come down from the heavens, he would’ve created this chapter. According to DD4, this is the best chapter in all of history at Alabama. With genuine girls, lovely decorations, and a lot of things that worried us all. But DD4 is stubborn. Wouldn’t hear a warning word.