View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 06:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzieAlum View Post
Oh man. I just heard a law professor tell her class that Pennsylvania has a brothel law and therefore there are no sorority houses in the state.

A LAW PROFESSOR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl200413 View Post
I get the same thing! I go to school in VA and people are like "the reason our campus won't get sorority housing is because of the brothel law, it's so annoying!" and im like well I guess someone should tell W&M, UVA and Virginia Tech because they definitely missed the memo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
It would be nice if we could verify that every state does have sorority housing as part of debunking it. I quickly checked Wyoming, because that state only has one school with Greek Life (or the potential for Greek Life) and that one isn't a problem to verify. http://chaptersites.chiomega.com/default.aspx?site=101 .

Still like to be able to contact that law professor...
It likely would never be a state issue to begin with - it would be a city or county ordinance. Detailed land use and planning laws are usually enacted at the local level, though you may have state laws that influence land use policy-making and governance in a broad way.