View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeq View Post
I rushed for the first time as a sophomore, but Put in a suicide bid and didn't get in. My school has a few sororities, not usually competitive, out of all of them, there was one that I was under no circumstances willing to join. Lo and behold, I ended up with 2 bids for my pref, one from a sorority I was in love with, and one that I did not want at all.Long story short it, did not work out.
I know I'm responsible for it, but all I have for a long time is a place to call home and that is why I rushed. I am an international student and (I'm not exactly sorority type of pretty, I dont have long hair, I don't wear pretty dresses, I have a side shave and I don't love makeup) and I thought being in a sorority will make me feel a little bit like home. I am now a junior, and a lot has changed, Even though I still refuse to join that one sorority, should I try again or is it not worth rushing again looking at the results from last time.
I also got to a PWI, even though I wish it wasn't It is a factor that I think plays a role in decisions.
I’m not sure why you are so against one particular group and frankly it’s not relevant. But honestly if you’re not willing to accept a bid from any group I wouldn’t waste your time or theirs. I’m just not going to tell you it’s sunny outside if it’s raining.