View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

one issue gcer's have been loathe to bring up is that of physical appearance - if your heart is set on being in xyz sorority and they are, for the most part, 6 ft tall, nordic blonde beauties, who all wear size 0 dresses , have gold plated saks charge cards,carry 4.0 gpas and all aspire to be brain surgeons, and you do not fit that category, that is why you did not receive a bid. if you weigh 200 to 300 pounds, that is why you did not receive a bid. appearance is one factor, and if you are not at least neat in appearance, with reasonably fashionable clothes, you will have to be stellar in other aspects to get invited back. it may seem harsh and superficial, but it is a factor. but, if one sits back and analyzes the situation and feels one falls into this category,and you still want to be in a sorority, you can do something about it-lose weight, check out some fashion magazines, get a new, more
up to date hair style. and i am speaking in general terms, not about a specific sorority, campus or pnm. i know that there are exceptions to every situation, but i also feel that we should be truthful with the pnm's.