View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amandamarie Send a message via Yahoo to amandamarie
AmandaMarie's mini-rush thread

Hey everyone! I am excited to announce that I am going to be participating in the recruitment for the new ZTA colony at KU. Even though it doesn't start till the 17th, I thought I would get on here early and maybe get some advice. I spoke with one of the consultants today and here's the scoop - they're looking to choose around 150-160 girls and the first event is an info session the weekend before. Then, on the 17th, is the first round, an introductory event. On the 18th is philanthropy and the 19th is prefs at the DX house (woohoo!). The 20th is bid day, but they didn't give me much info on it. First of all, I want to get opinions on what to wear :-p For the 1st night, I'm thinking a dark jean skirt with a solid top. 2nd night, a light blue or light pink patterned skirt (I loved it so much, I got 2 :-p ) with a white sleeveless sweater and gray shoes. For prefs, I'm kinda stuck. I'm a larger girl, and I have trouble finding dresses that fit nicely in my budget. I found a long black skirt and a black top with lacy trim, would that be appropriate? Also, since it is a colony, will the dress be as formal as formal recruitment? I assume so, and I figure it's always best to overdress just in case. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from all of you, and I'll make sure to keep you posted!