View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE-BO View Post
Jon- not to pile on, but formal rush at UT does not exist and contacting chapters through their websites- the few that work- is not effective. I am only pointing this out because it is a somewhat unusual situation and so it is natural that you had the reaction you did since a lot of people don't do their homework before coming here- but the fact is that the UT website and the IFC website make for some good background info but that is about it.

Anyhow- nothing personal. It really is that different here and there is a long story behind it going back to the days when UT had absolutely nothing to do with the Greek system here.

UTLonghorn2012- it is important to have invitations to Roundup, obtained via the kinds of people I suggested in an earlier thread.

As an advisor I do not get into recruitment since that is 100% in the care and judgment of the actives, but PM me if you would like me to get you in touch with our Rush Chairman and he will contact you with more info about our events.
EE-BO;
The ONLY web site that I pointed out was for the SCHOOL. OP seemed to have SCHOOL related questions.
And of course, once he spoke with the school, I have a belief that they would given him direct, up to date information.

Any other belief seems to have a root cause from one other post.

No harm, no foul.

To UTLonghorn2012-Every situation is different at just about every campus and Greek system. And I know that the rush I went thought was different that anyone else even then thus I can not directly answers your rush questions. I will tell you that I am still in touch with several people that I met the very first day of rush.
One of them ended up being my Big Sister and to this day she is my best friend as are our families.

I believe what I posted before maybe the only common item: Keep your eyes, ears and mind open. Do not put on airs; be yourself. Ask questions but at the same time listen as you let others do the talking. Observe. Be comfortable. Think and do not let yourself get over whelmed.

Best of luck and let us know how things go.

Last edited by jon1856; 02-26-2008 at 10:47 PM.