View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I think a big part of it we aren't raised with an expectation of joining a specific group. My mom's an ADPi. She wanted me to go through recruitment but didn't expect me to a) know what group I wanted already and b) join ADPi. I see a lot of NPHC members saying that they'll only support their daughter/son if he or she joins their org.

I certainly took into consideration what our national organization did as a philanthropy. But I didn't really learn any of that until recruitment. I flipped through the national websites once before hand, maybe. However what I really was looking for was the sisterhood. And that is where the chapter was important over the national organization.

I see the differences like this (please correct me if I'm wrong):
NPC-Rush multiple chapters, Join One, Dedicated primarily to your chapter, Graduate, Become active as an alumna for your organization as a whole or become inactive.

NPHC - Persue one chapter, Join one chapter, dedicated on local and national level, graduate, Remain active or become inactive

(Assumption that if you join as a graduate you'll stay active whether NPHC or NPC)

I think we both end up in the same place if that makes sense.