View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Daughter decided to drop out of recruitment - need advice

Hi everyone. First of all, I'm not a Greek so I apologize in advance if I have any terms wrong. Would like your advice in this situation.

My daughter is a transfer student who just got to (a very large, state school) campus and at first decided to go through recruitment. She wasn't sure it was right for her and was very nervous about not getting settled in first before going through with it and expressed this to some of the new friends she had made before recruiting started. I'm not sure if this contributed to the fact that she was only asked back to one house - but it didn't really matter to her because it was the house she was most interested in anyway.

At any rate, she got very nervous about the whole thing and decided to drop out of recruitment. (She was a little overwhelmed just starting at this new, giant school, coming from a small one!) She had already found out that the house she wanted asked her back again (it was the event right before bid night) so she was still in the game.

Now she is talking about maybe going through informal rush in the spring. However, she is concerned that the house she is interested in will think that she dropped out of rush because they were the only ones who asked her back and of course it had nothing to do with that as she is still most interested in joining this house. How does she make the sisters aware of this? What is appropriate? Anything she should do to make this happen for herself in the spring? (Also, do the sisters of that house know that they were her only house left? If so, then she feels like they must think she dropped out because of that.)

Thank you to all in advance for the advice!

Last edited by lauren10; 09-01-2014 at 03:02 PM.