View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy To pledge or not to pledge a sorority?

So i知 currently a interest for a latin sorority. I have found out certain things that have pushed me away from wanting to pledge, like that they haze and make the girls do certain things which i知 not with. I really want to be part of the sorority tho but i feel like how can you possibly call girls that hit you in your face and haze you sisters. I wish that the old way of pledging was still around.*

I still want to do it, but i feel like i知 very undeceive at this point. I have a lot of negative and positive things about the sorority. but i feel that when being an interest one shouldn稚 get treated as interest but as proper human beings. In my case i get treated as an interest.*

I just wanted advice because i want to make the right choice. and although i really want to be part of this i知 afraid of making the wrong decision because the girls in it seem so fake to me at times, like they put up a front based on their sorority. like come on not everything about your sorority is good.

I知 also upset because my friend was an interest with me and she stopped being an interest because of the way the girls were treating her. I really wanted her to do it with me if i end up pledging, but i guess i cant count with her. I really understand her reason and feel like maybe i should stop too?*

my other reason for not wanting to stop is that i feel like i have been an interest for a while, and seeing the other girls get put online would upset me. I値l probably feel like damn i could have been on that line too. Truth is i can see me part of the sorority, but i feel hesitant in going through the process and being treated like crap.