View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Yaya Nuri,

There are many reasons why having a "family" fails in the Untied States. Primarily, starting with marriage or children, either order... I think we are a product of our times.

Then there is redefinition of what we call a "family".

Currently, for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Black Family Target we are dealing with extremely basic needs to sustain just women and children--i.e. making sure children are being fed during those developmental years. Or just being buckled up in a car seat.

But to maintain a family structure is a tough proposal with the rules of that "nuclear family" have drastically changed well over 40 years ago. It is okay to get a divorce for irrecconcilable differences (no fault). It's costly to divorce, but now it is acceptable in today's society's norms...

It's okay for a teenager or older woman to have an "out of wedlock" pregnancy and child, then to abort it, if the woman so chooses it. That is today's society's norms.

And let's not forget that it is okay for anybody to have sex with anybody nowadays. Forget about the fact that more African American women are becoming new cases of HIV infection...

These are morality questions. Only a religious or Spiritual sense can solve them. However, the decadence can only be solved by violent methods if we have learned anything from the past...

The question is are we prepared for that violence?

The other question is many "soothsayers" are speaking in "tongues" (shall I say) and the normal progression of things is as such that there is a change to a new millennium (some call it prophecy, others call it life going in cycles). That new millennium it supposed to be called the "Age of the Goddess"--a more feminine nature to dealing with life--it takes decades or scores to come into fruition. And what we are all witnessing is the birth pangs of that new Age...

I dunno? But there is a reason for just about everything...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana