Thread: A Bad Advisor!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Yikes! I have not been in your situation, but I feel bad for all involved. It goes without saying that her actions are most inapropriate.

Although she is an alumna, and a founder, no less, she is disrespecting every one of you, and the sisterhood. Are there other alumnae who can reach out to her? If you cannot speak to her about this, you may benefit from having other alumnae who know her, talk to her.

Aside from that, you need to let her know that what is going on is not okay. Remember, that until someone draws a line in the sand, she may very well just keep going on her power trip. I don't know if she is trying to re-live her college days, has issues in her own life that she is trying to escape, etc., and that really isn't my business. But in my experience, people will take advantage of a situation unless someone stops them.

Lastly, I would encourage a "pass the gavel" type discussion, maybe on a weekly basis, until the chapter is back to where it was. There is obvious discord and probably a lot of confusion. Be there for each other.

I wish you the best of luck in this sitatuation.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 04-22-2008 at 10:29 AM.