Thread: A Bad Advisor!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

A Bad Advisor!

I am part of a NPC sorority, but don't want to reveal my organization or school. My sorority is close to 125 girls and most of us are pretty close.

However, recently, we have had a huge problem! We had this alumnae who is a founder of our chapter come back to be our risk management advisor this spring semester. At first she seemed nice and just wanted to get to know us. Then she started demanding that we hang out with her 24/7, always saying that "she was a founder so we had to" she would give alcohol to underage sisters and would get so drunk that we had to take care of her. She is close to 40 yrs old and seems not to have a life. She also lives over an hour away and will just show up and expect us to drop everything to hang out with her. Our regular chapter advisor went to our regional nationals person with her concerns, and nationals asked her the founder advisor to step down, and she did.

But now this founder/alumna still is communicating with some of our sisters and tells them to be sneaky about alcohol (to the point where some of our girls got in trouble with greek life) tells them how horrible nationals and exec are ect., she still shows up at events and she just won't leave us alone! Now there is a division between some of our sisters because of this alumna.

Our regular chapter advisor, membership advisor and old advisor (who was the president when our chapter was founded) have been trying to get this alumna to go away, but she won't listen to them.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation or have any ideas?