View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady77 View Post
I am currently a Chi Omega at a University and will be initiated in January. I have to move to another University next year for personal reasons but i wanted to affiliate back with Chi Omega at that University. The only problem i have is that a older girl and I do not get along very well and she is a active Chi Omega. Does she have any say in whether i get in? or does it not matter since i am already initiated and officially a Chi Omega?

It depends from chapter to chapter, but the usual procedure would be for you to contact either the president of the chapter at the university to which you are moving or Chi Omega executive offices and let them know your intention to move and that you would like to affiliate. After making sure that you are in good scholastic, financial, and social standing with your current chapter, the chapter would need to vote to allow you to affiliate. The chapter might invite you to attend chapter or some event with them to get a chance to meet some of the girls before they take the vote to allow you to affiliate (almost like a COB event). If they vote not to let you affiliate, you would still be a Chi Omega, but you would get early alum status. In a big chapter, it is probably not a problem this one girl doesn't like you as long as you are in good standing with your current chapter and she's not president or something. If you had other friends in the chapter that like you and would vouch for you, that would help a lot. They may still vote not to let you affiliate, especially if it might affect who is allowed to live in the chapter residence or if you do not want to live in the house and they need girls to live in house.