View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaDG
I understand that, but I would think that there would still be some sort of regulation over what you can build and stuff. I understand that ours are all cookie cutter houses because they were all built together, but even as people have been adding houses, they have to get their plans approved and they have to look similar.

At USC there are five houses and one under construction that are Cunningham designs. Two were done by Treanor Architects, three by Brennan Associates, and I have no idea about the other four (Chi Psi, Sigma Nu, Kappa Sig, and SAE). The Cunningham houses are the ones that I would consider 'cookie cutter' since the insides of the five that are currently built are very similar inside. I think it has more to do with using the same architect (and same or similar plans) than having been built together.

USC does have an architectural review board, but the houses do not have to look similar. The outside appearance and building materials have to be approved by the committee, but the house guidelines do not require that they look similar.