View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
Re: Question?

Quote:
Originally posted by DGWannabe
Were you intiated as an alum through the chapter b/c your a grad student or did they initiate you as an active member even though you're a grad student. If they initiate grad students-that hella cool! I think more groups should do that. I mean it's hopeless for me, but I think grad students should be able to rush and pledge and be a part of a chapter like everyone else. At least you know the grad students are gonna have good grades!!!

HI There DGWannabe,

I am a sister of PhiSigScooby's and also a graduate student at CSU Dominguez Hills. We were both initiated as active members of Phi Sigma Sigma as graduate students. In fact, I was a founding member of my chapter as a 30 something grad student. There were a few other grad students that founded with me. We seem to get a few interested grad students each recruitment period and they have been valuable additons to the chapter.

What I've come across from undergrad collegians about grad students is the concern we may not have enough time to devote to the chapter. What I always tell them is that as a grad student I have learned to prioritize really well and Phi Sig is one of my priorities. In fact besides being a founding sister, I was the founding Membership Orientation Chairperson, and last year I as the Archon of our chapter.

I sincerely hope that more Sororities will realize the valuable contribution that Grad Students can make to their sorority. I am so glad Phi Sig realizes it and came to CSUDH to colonize. This has been the best experience of my college life - either undergrad or grad.

Carolyn

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter