View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0730 View Post
From the aoii website, "In no case should a legacy be denied an invitation to at least one invitational event after the first round of events". I'm not sure who she contacted, but clearly the policy exists. And it just hurt my feelings, I'm not trying to say it wasn't my fault or insult or offend anyone or make anyone mad but I was told this policy was in place and then I was shown that even the one who was "supposed" to give me at least one extra chance didn't. It really didn't do much for my confidence with the other parties I attended that night. I know it's my fault for letting it get to me, but it is hard and it hurts to be rejected by girls whom your own sister considers sisters and not let yourself be upset
Sorry this happened. Mistakes do occur. We do require that legacies get an extra chance to make an impression because we value their connection to the fraternity.

Before next year, do you do an volunteer work? Over the summer volunteer with some groups to add to your resume. Make sure your sister sends in your Legacy information on a MIF. Do something on campus NOW. Join a club, get involved. Sophomores that have no activities are not going to do well in recruitment, unfortunately. Do you know any of the sorority members? Meet them in class. Don't get anxious about it, but adding at least a couple things to your resume will help. Not only that, it will make your college experience more enjoyable.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!