Thread: Mom thread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi. I have been lurking for a while reading the boards and finally decided to join. My daughter is going through formal Fall recruitment beginning next Friday.

She attends a smaller state university and the sororities don't have houses and the process doesn't seem as intense as the larger schools around the country. Like she isn't required to have rec letter for all chapters. etc. There are only 6 sororities at her school. She did get some recs from alumni she knows at some of the sororities just to cover her bases. She is also a legacy at the sorority my sister belonged to (they consider nieces as being legacies) and my sister sent in a recommendation as well.

She is a sophomore. She wanted to wait a year to get acclimated to college life. I think I am more nervous than she is. She is going in with an open mind and believes that whatever is supposed to happen will happen.

Hope every girl going through recruitment this week or next week have an amazing experience and hope everything goes well. I hope to see lots of positive posts in the near future. Happy to have found this "Mom" post so that I can be with other moms who are nervous and antsy like me.

Happy to be here. Thanks!

Last edited by RMK305; 08-15-2018 at 05:11 PM.